1. The sides of a square are measured to be 5.0 ± 0.2 cm. Which of the following gives the area of the square and its uncertainty?
A. 25.0 ± 0.2 cm2
B. 25.0 ± 0.4 cm2
C. 25 ± 2 cm2
D. 25 ± 4 cm2
2. Which of the following lists two vector quantities and one scalar quantity?
A. force, mass, time
B. acceleration, energy, momentum
C. distance, impulse, power
D. density, pressure, temperature
3. A tennis ball is dropped from the top of a high building. Air resistance cannot be neglected.Which graph represents the variation with time t of the magnitude of the acceleration a of the ball before it hits the ground?
4. A model plane flies with constant velocity at constant height. Which diagram represents the forces acting on the plane?
5. The net force on a body is F. The impulse of F is equal to the
A. change in momentum of the body.
B. rate of change of momentum of the body.
C. change of kinetic energy of the body.
D. change of total energy of the body.
6. In an inelastic collision
A. momentum and kinetic energy are both conserved.
B. momentum is conserved but kinetic energy is not.
C. kinetic energy is conserved but momentum is not.
D. neither momentum nor kinetic energy are conserved.
7. A force which increases uniformly from 0 to a maximum value of F is applied to an object.The object does not move until the force exceeds 0.5F. As the force increases from 0.5F to F the object moves a distance x in the direction of the force. What is the work done by this force?
8. A body moves with uniform speed around a circle of radius r. The period of the motion is T.What is the speed of the body?
9. Molar mass is defined as
A. the number of particles in one mole of a substance.
B.1/12 the mass of one atom of carbon-12.
C. the mass of one mole of a substance.
D. the number of particles in 1/12 of a mole of carbon-12.
10. Which of the following is true about boiling and evaporation?