1. The length of the side of a cube is 10.0 ±0.3 cm. What is the uncertainty in the volume of the cube?
A. ±0.027 cm3
B. ±2.7 cm3
C. ±9.0 cm3
D. ±90 cm3
2. Which of the following lists three vector quantities?
A. momentum, electric field strength, displacement
B. momentum, displacement, pressure
C. pressure, electric current, displacement
D. electric current, electric field strength, impulse
3. An object, initially at rest, travels a distance d in a time t at a constant acceleration. What is the time taken for the object to travel 16d from rest at the same acceleration?
4. An object is released above the surface of Earth. Which of the following correctly describes the speed and acceleration before it reaches terminal speed?
5. An object of mass m is connected via a frictionless pulley to an object of mass M, where M > m.M rests on a horizontal frictionless surface.
What is the acceleration of the system?
A.mg/M + m
6. The graph shows the variation with distance x of the magnitude of the net force F acting on a body initially at rest.
Which of the following describes how the kinetic energy and the acceleration of the body change with distance?
7. A ball of mass 0.40 kg travels horizontally and strikes a vertical wall with a speed of 5.0 ms–1.It rebounds horizontally with a speed of 3.0 ms–1. The ball is in contact with the wall for a time of 0.20 s.
What is the average magnitude of the force exerted by the ball on the wall?
A. 0.16 N
B. 0.64 N
C. 4 N
D. 16 N
8. A car on a road follows a horizontal circular path at constant speed. Which of the following correctly identifies the origin and the direction of the net force on the car?
9. The temperature of an object is −153°C. Its temperature is raised to 273°C. What is the temperature change of the object?
A. 699 K
B. 426 K
C. 153 K
D. 120 K
10. Two ideal gases X and Y are at the same temperature. The mass of the molecules of gas X is twice the mass of the molecules of gas Y.
What is the ratio (average speed of molecules of gas X)/(average speed of molecules of gas Y)?