1. The graph shows the relationship between two quantities p and q. The gradient of the graph is r and the intercept on the p axis is s.
Which of the following is the correct relationship between p and q?
A. p = sq + r
B. p = rq + s
C. p = rq − s
D. p = rs + q
2. Aiming for the centre of a target, an archer fires arrows which produces a pattern of hits as shown below.
The pattern suggests the presence of
A. random and systematic uncertainties.
B. random uncertainties but no systematic uncertainties.
C. systematic uncertainties but no random uncertainties.
D. neither random nor systematic uncertainties.
3. The acceleration of free fall g is determined by the relationship g=4π2l/t2. The uncertainty in the value of l is 2 % and the uncertainty in the value of t is 5 %. What is the uncertainty in g?
A. 3 %
B. 7 %
C. 8 %
D. 12 %
4. What is the correct SI unit for momentum?
5. An object is thrown upwards leaving the thrower’s hand at time t=0. Which graph shows how speed v varies with t as the object rises and falls?
6. A ball of mass m travels horizontally with speed v before colliding with a vertical wall.The ball rebounds at speed v in a direction opposite to its initial direction. What is the magnitude of the change in momentum of the ball?
7. A block rests on a plane inclined at an angle θ to the horizontal. Which of the following gives the relationships for the normal reaction N and the frictional force F with the weight W ?
8. Three coplanar forces of 5 N, 6 N and 7 N act on an object. Which force could not be the resultant of these three forces?
A. 0 N
B. 11 N
C. 13 N
D. 19 N
9. A ball is released at time t = 0 above a horizontal surface. The graph shows the variation of velocity v with time. Which of the following shows the highest point of the ball after one bounce?
10. A driving force F acts on a car which moves with constant velocity v. The quantity Fv is equivalent to the
A. useful power developed by the engine of the car.
B. work done by the car against resistive forces.
C. energy of the car.
D. rate of change of momentum of the car.