1. How many atoms of hydrogen are in 0.500 mol of CH3OH molecules?
2. 1 mol of a hydrocarbon with general formula CnH2n+2 reacts completely with oxygen to produce 4 mol of H2O. What is the amount of oxygen molecules, in mol, that reacts?
3. Under which combination of conditions is 1 mol of an ideal gas present?
4. A fixed mass of an ideal gas at 27.0C° and 1.01×105Pa has a volume of 100 cm3. Which change doubles the volume of the gas?
A. Heating the gas at constant pressure to 54.0C°.
B. Heating the gas at constant pressure to 327C°.
C. Increasing the pressure on the gas to 2.02×105Pa at constant temperature.
D. Heating the gas to 54.0C° and increasing the pressure to 2.02×105Pa.
5. 10 cm3 of a solution of 1.0 mol dm–3 NaOH (aq) is diluted with water until the final volume is 100 cm3. What is the concentration, in mol dm–3, of the new solution?
6. Which isotope has an atomic number of 9 and a mass number of 19?
7. An 16O atom, an 16O+ ion and an 18O+ ion, all travelling at the same velocity, enter into the magnetic field of a mass spectrometer. Which is the path of each of the particles?
8. Which sequence of elements is in order of increasing electronegativity?
A. Li < Na < Rb
B. O < N < C
C. F < Cl < Br
D. Si < P < S
9. Which combination of descriptions is correct for the oxides of period 3 elements?
10. Which substance has the greatest bond length between the carbon atoms?