1. How many oxygen atoms are in 0.100 mol of CuSO4•5H2O?
A. 5.42 ×1022
B. 6.02 ×1022
D. 5.42 ×1023
2. What is the sum of the coefficients when the following equation is balanced using whole numbers?
___ Fe2O3(s) + ___ CO(g)→ ___ Fe (s) + ___ CO2(g)
3. 1.0 dm3 of an ideal gas at 100 kPa and 25 °C is heated to 50 °C at constant pressure. What is the new volume in dm3 ?
4. What is the amount, in moles, of sulfate ions in 100 cm3 of 0.020 mol dm–3 FeSO4 (aq) ?
A. 2.0 ×10−3
B. 2.0 ×10−2
C. 2.0 ×10−1
5. A sample of zinc has the following composition:
What is the relative atomic mass of the zinc in this sample?
6. Which statement about the electromagnetic spectrum is not correct?
A. The wavelength of ultraviolet radiation is shorter than infrared radiation.
B. The frequency of visible radiation is higher than the frequency of ultraviolet radiation.
C. The energy of infrared radiation is lower than the energy of ultraviolet radiation.
D. Wavelength is inversely proportional to frequency.
7. Which physical property of elements is represented by y on the graph below?
A. First ionization energy
B. Ionic radius
C. Atomic radius
8. Which of the following redox reactions take place?
I. Cl2(aq) 2NaI + (aq)→I2(aq) + 2NaCl (aq)
II. Br2(aq) + 2NaI (aq)→I2(aq) + 2NaBr (aq)
III. I2 (aq) + 2NaBr (aq)→Br2 (aq) + 2NaI (aq)
A. I and II only
B. I and III only
C. II and III only
D. I, II and III
9. What are the correct formulas of the following ions?
10. Which row correctly describes the bonding type and melting point of carbon and carbon dioxide?